We are currently looking for a…
Supervisor with cooking/baking skills
The person we’re looking for will have experience in the hospitality industry, having previously worked in a position of responsibility as a Supervisor or Assistant Manager. In this role you will be working with me (the owner) but will also be supervising the cafe and leading the team in my absence.
The ideal candidate will also be passionate about food and an accomplished cook, we don’t necessarily need you to be a trained chef but experience of working in a high volume, fast paced kitchen is important as brunch service at Afternoon Tease can be a bit crazy! Experience in baking & icing cakes would be a bonus but you don’t have to be an expert. I’m more than happy to teach you these skills as long as you’re keen and willing to learn.
The job will also include…
- Creating a friendly and welcoming environment
- Engaging and communicating efficiently with customers making them feel welcome
- Undertaking the preparation of the food served in the cafe
- Training other members of the team to prepare the food served in the cafe to a high standard
- Baking and decorating cakes & preparing cakes for external orders
- Assisting Cafe Owner with menu planning and ordering supplies
- Checking that orders have been correctly delivered and charged for
- Opening and closing the cafe
- Being a cafe key holder with associated responsibilities
- Operating the till, and being able to balance it on a daily basis
- Banking the cafe takings when needed
- Keeping accurate time sheets
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the cafe
- Keeping cleaning records & reporting maintenance issues to the Cafe Owner
- Ensuring that risk assessments are complied with
- Managing other team members in the absence of the Cafe Owner, ensuring all daily tasks are being performed
To me, the atmosphere of the cafe is paramount. That’s why the ideal person for this job will…
- Have a winning smile & a welcoming, enthusiastic demeanor
- Be organised
- Stay calm under pressure
- Be hardworking, reliable & honest
- Have strong customer service skills
- Be confident & outgoing
- Be able to poach an egg 🙂
- Be looking for a new challenge in a growing independent business
Full Time hours are approx 37.5 per week to include weekend shifts.
If you are interested in joining the Afternoon Tease team please send us an email telling us a bit about yourself, your experience and your interests along with a CV.